Sunday, February 8, 2009

Our first sewing day!


I'm so sorry that it has taken me so long to post on here the results of our sewing day on January 31st!

The day was a hug success! We completed 12 blankets at Linda's house and two wonderful ladies took home blankets to complete at there houses. All in all it looks like we have approximatly 20 blankets that will be donated this month.

I also took the first set of completed blankets to the VBMC L&D Dept. The staff were so amazed and grateful for our work and the amazingly cute blankets that we had worked on. We also had some good news that the VMBC hospital is starting a counseling group for mothers who will and have lost there children there. (Something that I have had a great desire for in the past.) Ms. Karen Hall (the head of L&D) was so wonderful to introduce me to many of the nurses that work L&D and to inform them of the uses of BBB. She also has previously placed a particular lady in charge of any family care that experiances a loss in the hospital. I look forward to getting together with them again to see what next steps that we can do help any further families that will be walking down this bitter-sweet road!

I was also informed of a particular lady that had lost her child in VBMC the previous week and was going through a difficult time, obviously with the wave of loss and grieff that is inevitable. I am so hoping that she will be able to contact me soon to see if there is anything that I can do to help.

Please continue to pray for not only this grieving mother but all the rest that enevietably will be going through the same loss!

Thank you again to all the wonderful ladies that have participated and gave so freely of there time and love and prayers to get the first sewing day of BBB off the ground!

Thank you!!!
Mrs. Pat
Mrs. Ann
Mrs. Jodi
Mrs. E. Chase
Mrs. L. Chase

1 comment:

  1. P.S. Just a little note that all of the ladies that were at our first sewing day were very persistant in asking to have another sewing to come soon. My plans are for the 2nd saturday in March! I'll let you know when we have more info on the date and time!

    Love lots,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete