Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Current update!

I'm so sorry that I haven't posted in such a long time. Life seams to have gotten away from me! With the expectant arrival of our newest family member, Betsy Pohler in August and all the activities of summer it seams like there is never enough time.

However, I received a call from VBMC today. They apparently have used the last of there supply that I had previously given to them. I do however, have some in reserve that I will be taking by this week.

Having said that, WE NEED TO MAKE MORE!!!!!! I'm so sorry that we weren't able to have our last scheduled sewing day but I would love to get the ball rolling on a sewing day some time this month. If any one is able to help out please let me know!!! I plan on getting a date and time set up so that we can get it all scheduled in and let everyone know.

Also, in talking to Valley Baptist I have found out that a major conflict with us receiving contact with the grieving familys has been the English/Spanish barrier. A lot of the mothers that receive the blankets are Spanish speaking only. Since, I do not have the skills to be able to translate or speak to them I would love to be able to get at least one volunteer that would be able to receive these e-mails or calls for help and support. If you are a Spanish speaker that has the heart for this...PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!

I greatly appreciate all of your help regarding BBB and helping out these families. From what I have heard from VBMC, the blankets and the prayers are much needed and the families are extreamly comferted by the knowledge that there are people out there that care.

Regards,
Christy Pohler

No comments:

Post a Comment